Based on your reading and research, list at least five reasons why teams fail and discuss what can be done to prevent failure from happening.
Teams fail because of the following reasons:
1) Lack of team structure – Team structure helps the team to define their goals and approach, roles and responsibilities etc which helps them to define each one of their individual work scope or responsibility.
2) Lack of process an procedure in the project team – When there are no clear process defined for project communication, on how to run their meetings, make decisions, solve problems, or assign responsibilities, then it clearly leads to chaos in the team and the project team often finds themselves struggling for project milestone’s accomplishment and completion of tasks.
3) Lack of team building, collaboration and cooperation – When the project manager doesn’t spend enough time in team building and collaboration effort, it leads to unprofessional behaviour and conduct on the part of team members and often lead to team conflicts and issues.
4) Not investing in knowledge sharing and training, skill development – Some of the team members may feel left out if there is not much emphasis given to their training or skills building. This often leads to discontent among the team members leading to failure of the project team.
5) unable to adapt to Market Conditions and changes in the Company Policies – At times, the project team can fail due to uncertainties or changes in market conditions and the failure of the project team to adapt to the changes may lead to too much of stress within the team and thus leading to team failure.